Overall, as a mom of two it might be quite obvious that I am pro life. I have never made excuses for my actions and kept on keeping on by turning my life around and becoming a mother. I started my own photography and sales business that put myself back into college. I wasn't ready, like nobody ever is, but I feel that with the circumstances I have been given that I'm getting by pretty well. I have never, and will never, degrade someone for having an abortion. Although it is not my cup of tea and not a decision I would make, I know that they're circumstances that people are stuck in and everyone has their own story to tell. What does bother me completely is the aspect in which Elle Magazine, a magazine that thousands of women confide to, is supporting this hashtag making abortions a POSITIVE experience.
My question is, why are we making abortions not only positive but a form of birth control? Sure, someone could get an abortion and end up landing the dream career they always wished for. They don't have endless amounts of diapers to change, sleepless nights, and the never ending feeling of being broke because the cost of formula practically just sets your wallet on fire. Why are we following the stereotype that if you ever have children before you are "ready", that you can no longer land that dream career you always wanted? This movement to empower women goes both ways! Not only should we quit shaming women for the legal decisions that we make, but we need to fight the stigma that if you have children that your life is no longer livable. Yes, it's important to have choices for our own bodies but please, don't scare anymore possible mothers out there to think they're life choices are slim to none. Stop making them think they need to abort a human life to be happy. This is not acceptable and quite frankly I'm ashamed that Elle Magazine is giving it publicity in this way.
I hope that women, such as myself, stand up on the other side of the spectrum and #ShoutOurMotherhood to Elle Magazine. I want this group of women to rise up as well, giving positive experiences that came with bearing and raising their children. How they gave us that indescribable feeling of overwhelming love and didn't stop us from achieving our goals. You can achieve happiness regardless of any decision you make with your body. Hang in there! You're much stronger than you seem!
http://twitchy.com/2015/09/21/shoutyouradoption-pro-lifers-fight-back-against-repulsive-pro-abort-hashtag-pics/
No comments:
Post a Comment